Everything you need to know.
In South Carolina and Tennessee, by law, you are not required to have a referral from your doctor. Most insurance plans allow for up to 15 therapy visits or 30 days of Physical, Occupational or, in South Carolina, Hand Therapy treatment, whichever comes first.
South Carolina and Tennessee are Direct Access states. Having Direct Access means that you have a choice in where and when you receive your Physical, Occupational or Hand Therapy. If your doctor does not prescribe therapy as part of your recovery, and you are experiencing pain, you can choose to contact us directly and schedule an evaluation. We will assess your condition and discuss a treatment plan that would be best suited for your condition and recovery.
We want your first day to be smooth, informative and productive.
- When you arrive, you will register with our friendly front office staff. They will help you navigate the insurance process and treatment program so you can focus on your recovery.
- You will meet with your physical therapist for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation your therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- Your movement, strength, coordination, and much more will be evaluated. Our purpose is to help you, so please ensure you communicate to your therapist if anything is hurting or bothering you during the examination.
- Your therapist will recommend and prepare a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results. Your therapist will discuss the recommendations with you.
- There will be some treatments performed the first day to get you started on your road to recovery. However, during the next visit you will get into the full swing of your treatment plan.
- You will schedule your series of visits with the front desk. The amount of therapy needed will be discussed with you, depending on the recommendations of your therapist. We offer many convenient appointment times, however prime times can become busy, so it is best to book ahead as much as possible.
- Your therapist will write up their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or other medical professional who you choose.
- If you have any questions at anytime, please don’t hesitate to call. We want to ensure your satisfaction and full recovery.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy, and Hand Therapy in SC
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCEs)
- Comprehensive Upper Extremity Evaluation (CUEE)
- Work Conditioning and Work Hardening
- Quick and efficient scheduling
- Clear and concise communication between all parties and the patient return-to-work focused treatment plans
At Excel Rehab & Sports we want to maximize your time with us. Prior to your first visit, please click on the applicable form below, fill out and submit online.
In-Clinic or At-Home Visit Intake Form:
Before Your First Visit:
- Make a list of questions that you have to discuss on your first visit.
- List signs and symptoms that can be of importance to the therapist.
- Have in writing key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Please call our office to verify your insurance benefits.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring with you a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.